Our clinic offers services to individuals who are in need of wound or ostomy consultation and care. Fort St. John Pharmacy & Wellness Centre provides a range of wound care supplies. We welcome both self and physician referral for the following services:
- Lower leg ulcerations
- Wound assessment and consultation
- Lower leg assessment
- Ankle brachial index measurements (arterial circulation assessment)
- Measurement and fitting for compression stockings
- Ostomy care and consultation
Nurses Specialized in Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Care (NSWOCC) are available on-site to assess and consult for healing and non-healing wounds.
- Non-healing wounds
- Diabetic ulcers
- Pressure Injuries
- Lower leg wounds (arterial/venous)
- Measurement and fitting for compression therapy
(lower leg edema/swelling, non-healing wounds)
- Incision care
- Suture/staple removal
Scheduled and walk-in appointments.
- Referrals accepted from physicians and other health care professionals
- Education and planning care for the prevention and/or care of a wound is available
for private and in-home care situations
Advanced Wound Care Supplies
Our Pharmacy carries a range of both basic and advanced wound care supplies.
On-Site NSWOCC provide support and education for colostomy, ileostomy and urostomy concerns.
- Pouching and flange base systems (Hollister, Convatec, Coloplast )
- Ostomy-related skin care products
- Ostomy Hernia Belts
- Direct billing to PharmaCare, NHIB, WCB, ICBC, DVA
- Private consultation rooms
On-Site NSWOCC provide support and education for individuals who are experiencing issues related to continence.
We stock a variety of containment products:
- Ostomy Appliances (Coloplast, Hollister, Convatec)
- Drainage Bags
- Skin Care Products